29th Oct. 2003 College of Agriculture, Sonai has started its functioning which is affiliated to Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri, College is in “A” grade from last 7 years.
Specific objectives of establishment of College of Agriculture, Sonai.
1) To impart instructions leading to B. Sc. (Agri.) degree programme.
2) To conduct the location specific need based research for addressing to agricultural problems faced by the farmers.
3) To render the extension services to the farmers pertaining to agricultural and its allied activities.
- State and university Topper-Mr.Borale Sudhakar (2003)
- 100% passing result of first batch which passed out in 2007-08
- About 75% students of first batch (Academic Year 2003) admitted for different post graduate programme.
- College of Agriculture, Sonai organized Inter Collegiate Football Tournament in 2006-07 and Runnership for College of Agriculture, Sonai.
- Two Students selected for ICAR Gold medal (ICAR sport Meet,Rahuri 2007-08) Mr.Nikam Atul Vishnu, Mr.Kad Rupali Ganpatrao
- Inter collegiate Sports of MPKV,Rahuri Event winner ship in Volley ball (men) session (2007-2008), Runner Up in Kho-Kho
- 30 students participated in various cultural activities in Avishkar Youth Festival
- Till today students selected for various events at Inter University level including girls.
- 152 students selected for different games/Sports for Inter Collegiate.
- State level Inter Collegiate Eloculation Competition (2005-2006) in the presence of Dr. R.D. Deshmukh (Vice chancellor,MPKV, Rahuri) & Dr. Shankarro Magar (Ex.Vice Chancellor,Dr.BSKKV,Dapoli).In this competition 17 Colleges participated.
1. To make agricultural education responsive to the growing and changing needs of the society in general and aspirations of the farming community in particular.
2. To establish a dynamic system of agricultural education to train highly skilled and competent manpower to address the challenging tasks with new emerging areas of research, extension and industry .
3. To serve as a centre for academic excellence in the area of graduation and human resources development in agricultural sciences.
1.To develop practical oriented agricultural graduates.
2.Providing a wide range of extra curricular activities for the students to develop them outside the academic sphere.
3.Effective transfer of agricultural technology from lab to land.
4. To sustain the survival of Indian Farming by using modern technology
5.To diversefy the extension services for Agro-based Industries
6.Providing hi-tech infrastructure and providing 100% assistance in placement.